Pier is creating a new office manager position. If you are an experienced office manager or have the right skills and knowledge we’d love to hear from you!
As a part-time role, it could fit around school hours or other commitments. You’ll need to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, as part of a fun and energetic team and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working in a small successful business. We are looking for someone who is organised and professional, with a good head for IT and always thinking one step ahead.
At the heart of our business strategy lies investment in a thriving team. We never underestimate the value of our people and offer competitive packages, a generous pension and every day treats to help create an exciting, enjoyable working environment that buzzes and instils energy into everything we do.
We nurture emerging talent through a popular six month paid internship scheme, which has regularly led to paid employment. All team members, including interns, have an annual budget of £500 for industry accredited training. Employees have yearly appraisals and mid-year development and performance reviews, and hard work is rewarded with profit-related bonuses.
The ideal candidate needs to make sure the office runs efficiently and cost effectively from an administrative and operational point of view, with the correct procedures and processes in place to enable the business to operate professionally. You’ll report directly to the MD and will need to perform basic PA functions and assist with the team admin.
You’ll be the first point of contact for all office issues, suppliers, and staff, ensuring that it runs smoothly and efficiently at all times. You’ll manage all office maintenance and equipment contracts, ensuring that these are renewed or replaced with competitive services on an annual basis. You’ll also be responsible for facilities management: everything from liaising with the carpet and window cleaning companies, cleaners, landlords, and handling all issues etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact with all IT issues, including trouble shooting internally, liaising with external support providers, ordering all IT equipment and ensuring it is installed properly, reporting system failures.
- Reviewing all internal administration systems with a view to implementing improved systems as appropriate.
- Updating and maintaining the company filing system.
- Maintaining a tidy, clean and efficient office and store room area at all times. Making recommendations on how we can improve storage.
- Handling all sales calls for the MD and CEO, being the first point of contact with all non-urgent or non-client calls.
- Setting up all internal team meetings: senior team, new business team, company meetings.
- Keeping the accident book, maintaining the first aid kit and acting as the company’s first aid provider.
An award-winning agency, Pier PR & Marketing has a reputation for getting results whilst offering a fantastic place to work.
Pier boasts a portfolio full to the brim with amazing clients and brand names including Homepride flour, ScottishPower Renewables, Spirit Yachts and the East of England Co-op. The agency has become renowned for bringing a level of energy and creativity to each and every project and is now looking for a dynamic individual to join its successful team and help build on the agency’s success.
The team provides a great mix of professionalism and passion, focus and fun, and together has a raft of experience in PR, marketing and digital media.
The agency delivers honest PR consultancy, outstanding media relations, integrated marketing, copy writing and a unique take on social media outreach.
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org